Established in 2015, the YPC offers leadership and networking opportunities for young industry professionals while getting involved in volunteer opportunities within the floral/horticultural industries.
YPC members participate in online and in-person meetings, webinars, and other networking opportunities to share ideas, collaborate with influential industry members, and help promote careers in the floral industry.
The YPC promotes personal growth through interaction with other young professionals with similar interests and career goals and encourages attendance at special YPC events online and in-person during industry conferences. It’s a great way to build your own network.
Members of YPC get special consideration each year for attending workshops or events, along with networking dinners during larger industry conferences.
Get Involved today and be part of this growing group of young future leaders. JOIN TODAY
- Learn about nonprofit board service by engaging in training, shadowing and mentoring opportunities with AFE Board and staff.
- Raise awareness about AFE and the floriculture industry through marketing, social media and events.
- Volunteer with AFE in a variety of areas: fundraising, events, scholarship review, etc.
- Reach other young professionals interested in becoming active in the industry.
YPC members must:
- Be 21-35 years old and live in the United States
- Commit to using your skills and strengths to advance AFE and build a strong group of supporters and donor prospects
- Be an ambassador for AFE and expand our network of friends and supporters
- Participate in one or more volunteer activities (i.e., scholarship review, fundraising dinner efforts, career fairs, articles/social media contributions, promoting YPC membership, etc.)
- Participate in at least 2 conference calls/meetings each year
- Help develop and employ new strategies and approaches for fundraising, marketing, outreach and planning to encourage students to consider careers in the industry
- YPC Brochure
- Floriculture Careers PowerPoint
- Floral Careers Brochure
- Career Fair Board
- Webinar on Returning to In-Person Events & Networking Tips
- Webinar on Preparing for Success Post COVID-19
- Webinar on Making the Most of Your Tradeshow Experience
- Webinar on Networking to Build Your Career
- Webinar on Career Insights and Advice