– Today’s students are tomorrow’s leaders.
The American Floral Endowment administers and funds programs and student resources to attract and retain young professionals and bring top talent to the floral industry. Only through education and hands-on training can the next generation be successful as the future leaders of the industry.
AFE programs provide financial assistance to students and encourages hands-on learning opportunities to put classroom knowledge to use. With more than 25 annual scholarships and three separate paid internship programs, over $3 million in funding has been awarded to students pursuing careers in the floral industry.
There’s a real need for top talent in all areas of the industry – retail, floral designers, sales and marketing, manufacturing, growing/production, wholesale, academia and researchers too! You have so many exciting career options to choose from!
Below are links to programs and resources you can immediately start utilizing.
- Take a look at the deadlines for the scholarship and internships and apply!
- Upload your resume on the AFE Career Center. Our goal is to connect top talent to top industry businesses to grow the industry!
- Join the Young Professional Council where you can network with other young professionals. YPC Membership Form
Inspire a Beautiful World and Find Your Career in the Floral Industry!
- Career Center Resume Bank – Upload your resume now so potential employers can find you. There are thousands of job opportunities available! You can also search jobs while you are there.
- AFE Scholarships (25+ different scholarships awarded annually ranging between $500 – $6,000 each)
- Application deadline May 1 each year.
AFE Internships – Vic & Margaret Ball (commercial production) and Mosmiller (retail, wholesale and allied trade) – Paid Internship opportunities (3-6 month) with leading floral organizations throughout the U.S. Students with internships at these locations have a huge advantage in the marketplace over students without internships.
- Application deadline March 1 and October 1 each year.
- Students at Work – Read reports written by past AFE interns.
- Business Internship Program – pursuing a degree in business, human resources, IT, marketing/communications, or another business area? We need you! Floral businesses have great opportunities for business professionals. Upload your resume on the Career Center, and apply for our Business Internship.
- Young Professionals Council – Enables students to collaborate with young professionals and industry veterans to support AFE’s mission and help the industry grow. YPC Membership Form
- Careers in Floriculture/Horticulture – There are more opportunities than you can imagine! Check out the brochure and prepare for an exciting career in the floral industry!
Get a jump-start on your career and take advantage of the many AFE programs! Hear what past interns have to say in the video below: