Welcome to the AFE Board of Trustees Web Portal!
This page has been created to assist AFE Trustees with quick resources on our programs, and to provide you with the necessary materials you’ll need as a Board member to help support AFE’s mission. Every item below is a direct link to an AFE program or resource that gives you more details.
AFE Board meeting materials will always be posted on the top of this page for your convenience. We’ll alert you when it’s time to access those materials. If you need a reminder of what committee(s) you serve on, click here -> Board/Committee Appointments List
Please bookmark this page so you can access it 24/7. If you have any questions or can’t find what you need, please contact Debi Chedester.
January 18-19, 2022 Virtual Meetings
Please review the meeting materials for your committee, and the Board meeting materials prior to the Zoom meetings. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out.
- Research Committee Meeting – Zoom Meeting Link Click Here
Tuesday, January 18 from 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Eastern Time
- PR/Development Meeting – Zoom Meeting Link Click Here
Tuesday, January 18 from 1:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. Eastern Time
- Floral Marketing Fund Meeting – Zoom Meeting Link Click Here
Tuesday, January 18 from 11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Board of Trustees Meeting – Wednesday, January 19 from 1:00 – 4:00 p.m.
- Board of Trustee Meeting – Zoom Meeting Link Click Here
- Strategic Planning Documents
UPCOMING BOARD AND COMMITTEE MEETING: August 4-5, 2022
Chicago, Illinois in conjunction with a visit to Ball Horticultural
Schedule of Events and more details – Coming Soon
NEW Vision Statement – approved November 1, 2021
A strong, unified floriculture community fostering industry innovation and growth to better connect people to flowers and plants in everyday life.
NEW Mission Statement – approved November 1, 2021
To be the trusted source and catalyst for floriculture advancement through funding of innovative research, scholarships, internships, and educational grants that best serve the dynamic needs and demographics of all industry sectors.
AFE Board of Trustee Materials:
General Information and Links to AFE Webpages and Programs
- AFE Mission and History
- Policies and Procedures Manual
- Strategic Plan Document (Updated 2017)
- General AFE Information Sheet
Board Member Documents:
- AFE Board of Trustees Guide
- Board of Trustees and Staff Mailing Addresses/Contact List
- Board/Committee Appointments List
Board Meeting Information:
- Sample Schedule of Board Meeting Events
- Past and Future Meeting Dates and Locations
- Past Board of Trustee Minutes:
- Committees and Descriptions
- PPR – Production and Post Harvest Research Committee
- Education Committee
- Floral Marketing Fund Committee
- Public Relations & Development Committee
- Vic & Margaret Ball Intern Scholarship Committee
- Investment Committee
This section provides links to AFE’s communications and social media sites.
- AFE Bulletin
- AFE Annual Reports
- Research Reports
- Floral Marketing Fund – you must register with this site to access reports.
- Growing Further Newsletter for Growers!
- Thrips & Botrytis Newsletter Archives
- Social Media — Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Instagram, YouTube
AFE Student Internships, Scholarships and Grants:
This section outlines materials for students and faculty members. It includes internships, scholarships, and information on our Young Professionals Council (YPC) which provides networking and industry opportunities for young professionals.
- Vic & Margaret Ball Internship (commercial production)
- Mosmiller Internship (retail/wholesale)
- Business Internship (marketing, communications, IT, accounting, etc.) SIGN UP!
- Paul Thomas Intern of the Year
- AFE Scholarships – over 20 awarded annually (undergraduate and graduate)
- Arizona Retail Florist Travel Grant – $1,000 travel award annually
- Retail Florist Continued Education Grant
- MS/Ph.D. Scholarships (Altman and Ecke)
- Young Professionals Council (YPC)
Quick Resources for Trustees: