Applications accepted year-round.
Please read the instructions thoroughly prior to completing the online Business Internship application form. The following documents must be uploaded when you submit your application:
- Personal Statement — Your personal statement should be one – two pages explaining your reasons for applying, your personal career goals, and anything else you’d like to share with us. (PDF)
- Letter of Recommendation — A faculty advisor must write a letter of recommendation on your behalf. (PDF)
- Resume – upload a copy of your resume (PDF)
- Digital color photo of yourself – Photos will only be used for promotional purposes. (.TIF or .GIF)
- Official Transcripts — Official transcripts must be submitted. AFE will not accept unofficial transcripts. *If you are having the university/college sent transcripts directly, they can email them to email@example.com
Next, please complete this application form, and upload your personal statement, recommendation letter, resume, transcripts and photo. AFE staff will contact you to notify if you have been selected for the program. Internships must be started within 12 months of acceptance date.
*DO NOT CLICK THE SUBMIT BUTTON UNTIL YOU HAVE COMPLETED ALL REQUIRED INFORMATION AND UPLOADED ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS. INCOMPLETE SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE REVIEWED*
- By submitting below the applicant certifies all the information provided on the application is true and complete, and understands that any misstatement, falsification, or omission of information shall be grounds for rejection of the application or disqualification.
- The applicant will be disqualified from the program for inappropriate behavior such as any physical or verbal altercations with the employer and/or employees, any illegal use of alcohol or drugs, or any other such behaviors.
- The applicant understands that they must abide by all of the company rules and regulations while performing an internship, and failure to do so may result in immediate dismissal.
- The applicant agrees that if the internship is not completed within the agreed time period, he/she will be dismissed from the internship program.
- The applicant agrees to acknowledge support from the American Floral Endowment (and Del Demaree Family who created the program) in any type of public relations, press releases or other types of publicity concerning the internship.
- The applicant agrees to perform an exit interview with the employer prior to the last day of employment, as well as complete a brief report of the experience (minimum of 500 words) within thirty (30) days of completion.
- The applicant understands that if a short video is submitted to AFE upon completion of their internship, they will be given a chance to be awarded one of four annual $2,500 scholarships.