The deadline is Oct. 1 for online applications for AFE’s Vic & Margaret Ball Intern Scholarship Program and the Mosmiller Intern Scholarship Program.
Completing one of AFE’s two floriculture and horticulture internship programs allows students to:
- Train at the industry’s top facilities
- Develop critical skills, potentially improving employment opportunities
- Get diverse, hands-on paid experience
- Apply classroom knowledge to real and practical situations
Students can jump start their careers with a life-changing experience in commercial floriculture production away from home with The Vic & Margaret Ball Intern Scholarship Program, made possible through a generous gift from Vic and Margaret Ball. This program offers paid internships for three, four or six months and provides scholarships of up to $6,000 upon completion.
The Mosmiller Intern Scholarship Program honors the late Colonel and Mrs. Walter E. Mosmiller Jr., and allows students to gain real experience working with leaders in floral retail, wholesale or allied trades. The Mosmiller Intern Scholarship program offers paid internships for 10-16 weeks and provides scholarships of $2,000 upon completion.
- Student must be a U.S. citizen enrolled in a floriculture/environmental horticulture program at a two-year or four-year college or university in the U.S.
- Student must be maintaining a “C” or better GPA
- Student must complete internship prior to graduation