Research Proposal Applications are Due August 1st, 2021
We are now calling for research proposal applications for 2022-2023!
Secure funding for your floriculture research project by applying before the deadline of August 1st. We moved the deadline back from June to August to be mindful of busy academic calendars during May and June. This updated deadline will give our researchers more time to work on their proposals.
The primary research priorities are listed below. They are focused on all floricultural crops – fresh-cut flowers, fresh-cut greens, flowering potted plants, foliage plants, and bedding plants.
- Botrytis Control and Management
- Thrips Control and Management
- Biocontrol of Pests
- Postharvest Technology
- Production Technology
- Advanced Breeding Technology, including CRISPR
- Long-Term Storage and Shipping Conditions for Cut Flowers, Bedding and Potted Plants
- Automation and Technology Leading to Labor Savings
- Sustainable Production and Handling Practices
- Reduce the Impact of Climate Change on Production, Handling, and Product Quality
As a reminder, the application process allows for a single application form to be used. This updated application streamlines the researcher’s request for funding.
Projects can last from one to three years and any reasonable but justifiable budget will be considered.
For the current 2021-2022 cycle, the Endowment is funding more than $600,000 in research for 7 new projects and 6 continuing projects.
AFE’s currently-funded research is available online, as well as final reports from previously funded projects. Have suggestions or need information on specific problems? Contact AFE’s Research Coordinator, Dr. Terril A. Nell (email@example.com).
Apply here and submit all supporting documents by the August 1 deadline.