The Embassy Suites by Hilton in Philadelphia is located near the Philadelphia airport with a shuttle available to and from the airport if attendees are flying in. It is also located very close to the Philadelphia mass transit system which makes getting into Center City for the Flower Show via rail convenient. Breakfast, evening cocktail hour and wifi is included with rooms. Parking is also available for a fee.
Click here for hotel booking information.
Friday, March 17, 2017
- Arrive in Philadelphia
- Attend Philadelphia Flower Show (this is an optional day)
- Networking dinner at hotel – Philadelphia Embassy Suites
Saturday, March 18, 2017
- Board bus
- Visit Flowers by Bauers – a hydroponic cut flower facility
- Longwood Gardens with lunch
- Stop at Terrain-high end garden center
- Return to hotel at 6 p.m.
- Dinner on own (YPC dinner)
Sunday, March 19, 2017
- Meeting sessions from 8 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Presentation by Lloyd Traven from Peace Tree on forcing plants for the Flower Show.
- Presentation by the AFE Young Professionals Council and Round table discussion on how to increase the amount of younger industry professionals and academics.
- Faculty and graduate student presentations/posters – open topic (15 min each)
- Working lunch at 12 p.m.