For the March 1 deadline, AFE awarded the following internships and grants: six Ball internships in commercial production and one Mosmiller internship in retail/wholesale/allied trade.
- Joshua Craver, Mississippi State University – three month internship at Metrolina Greenhouses, in Huntersville, NC
- Erik Edwards, University of Georgia – six month internship at Pacific Plug & Liner in Watsonville, CA
- Jacob Kluza, University of Wisconsin-River Falls – six month internship at Skagit Gardens, Mt. Vernon, WA
- Martha Thomas, University of Maine – six month internship, location TBD
- Charlotte Vetter, South Dakota University – six month internship at Syngenta/Goldsmith Seeds, Gilroy, CA
- Susanna Whelan, Texas A & M University – three month internship at Molbak’s, Woodinville, WA
Congratulations to Katherine Ashby, Eastern Oklahoma State College for being awarded an AFE Mosmiller intern scholarship. Katherine will be completing her internship at Greenleaf Nursery in Oklahoma this summer.
In addition, five institutions have been awarded grants under the James and Helen Phillip Scholarship Fund for 2011/2012. These grants will assist students currently enrolled in a floral design program:
- Joliet College, Joliet, IL
- Kishwaukee College, Malta, IL
- College of Southern Nevada, Las Vegas, NV
- The Ohio State University ATI, Wooster, OH
- Mississippi State University, MS