Virtual Herbarium of the Chicago Region – Site developed by three Chicago-land botanical gardens to assist in identifying plants.
- One important lesson that we’ve learned together as an industry is how to manage bacterial blight disease of geraniums. We’ve figured out that exquisitely careful sanitation procedures are critical at …Read More »
- The new reality It would be very hard to argue against the notion, that a wide range of technologies will lead to marked changes to horticultural production systems in the …Read More »
- Plant nitrogen (N) content affects the growth and quality of floriculture crops. The deficiency of N causes leaf yellowing and stunted growth. In many floriculture crop species, leaf yellowing is …Read More »
- Cultivating the Next Generation It’s always good news to learn that a smart, hard-working, dedicated young person is preparing for a career in horticulture and floriculture—one where she can be …Read More »
- How can biostimulants promote growth and crop quality? The most common active ingredients in biostimulants are beneficial microorganisms (fungi and bacteria). These fungi and bacteria can increase the availability of …Read More »