AFE recently participated in the latest Flower Summit meeting, which was held in Washington D.C. on March 13, 2019. Started in 2014, Flower Summit meetings allow for a designated time for national associations to come together to determine the best ways to benefit the industry through each of their individual organization’s resources. The group focuses on collaborating to advance the industry as a whole and therefore benefit their members.
“Defining and developing programs and initiatives to promote and improve our industry is a priority for all of our organizations. With limited funding and resources, it makes perfect sense to collaborate with these national and international organizations to ensure we are all aware of all ongoing efforts and to partner together when possible. We need to come together and represent the industry,” says Dwight Larimer, President of the Floral Marketing Research Fund, and immediate past Chairman of the American Floral Endowment.
The Flower Summit includes leaders from the following organization:
- American Floral Endowment (AFE)
- American Institute of Floral Design (AIFD)
- Association of Floral Importers of Florida (AFIF)
- California Association of Flower Growers & Shippers (CalFlowers)
- California Cut Flower Commission (CCFC)
- Produce Marketing Association (PMA)
- Society of American Florists (SAF)
- Wholesale Florist & Florist Suppliers Association (WF&FSA
Moving forward, the organizations have committed to meet twice a year. The next meeting will take place in September in Amelia Island, Florida, during the Society of American Florists’ Annual Conference.