The Endowment wants to help you secure funding for your floriculture research project!
AFE is now calling for research pre-proposal applications for 2017-2018 funding, due no later than June 1.
The primary research funding priorities are relevant to all segments of the floral industry:
- Botrytis Control
- Thrips Control and Management
- Postharvest Care and Handling
- Production Management
Read AFE’s full list of scientific research priorities and the general application timeline for more details.
For the current 2016-2017 cycle, AFE is funding more than $300,000 in research. Research projects can last from one to three years and any reasonable but justifiable budget will be considered.
Scientific Research Project Examples:
- New Approaches for the Control of Botrytis During Production, Shipping and/or Retail Display
- Innovative Biological and Chemical Control Practices Leading to Successful Control of Western Flower Thrips in Flower Production
- Production and Handling Practices Providing High Quality and Long Lasting Cut Flowers, Potted Plants and Bedding Plants
- Evaluation and Development of Technology Leading to Greater Crop Efficiency and Improved Flower Quality
Final research reports from previously funded AFE projects are available FREE online, and a list of currently funded research is also available.
Apply here and submit all supporting documents by the June 1 deadline!