Internships and Scholarships for the
Next Generation of BUSINESS Leaders
Emerging leaders are needed in this dynamic and competitive field.
The floral industry is one of the largest segments of U.S. agricultural crops and includes fresh cut flowers, potted flowering plants, foliage plants/greens and bedding/garden plants. It is made up of more than 60,000 manufacturers, growers, wholesalers, retailers, distributors and importers.
Paid internships are available to college juniors, seniors and graduate students, to gain practical business experience from the floral industry’s leading organizations, develop essential skills and improve future employment opportunities. No horticulture background needed!
This internship program can help you launch your career by providing internships in:
- 100% paid internship by host employer.
- 10-12 weeks (during summer or semester) anywhere in the U.S. or Canada.
- Locations — top accredited businesses including manufacturers, wholesaler/supplier locations, retail floral shops, importers, and growing operations.
- Transportation and housing are the student’s responsibility.
- BONUS — Be eligible to receive one of four $2,500 scholarships just by submitting a 2-3 minute video to AFE (with your required written report) about your internship experience. Each year, internship videos will be reviewed by AFE’s Education Committee and four lucky interns will be selected.
Click the links below to learn more:
- Students – eligibility requirements, application form and requirements
- Host Employers – program requirements, host profile form, internship resource guide
- Business Internship Flyer (student)
- Business Internship Brochure (student)
- Business Internship Quick Start Guide (host employers)
- Business Internship Employer Resource Guide (host employers)
Watch John Davis discuss his valuable experience as an AFE Business Intern!
History and Objective:
Established in 2015 by a significant contribution from past AFE Chairman Del Demaree, this business internship was created to attract top talent to the global floral and horticulture industries.
Del served as the AFE Chairman from 1992-1993 and has an unsurpassed commitment to the floral industry. Chairman of Syndicate Sales, Inc., he has earned the respect of his peers throughout his 60-plus years in the industry and is acclaimed for his enthusiasm and business acumen. Del was inducted into the Society of American Florists’ Floriculture Hall of Fame in 2015.
For more information contact AFE at (703) 838-5211 or email@example.com.