We are thrilled that you are interested in pursuing a student internship opportunity in the exciting, fast-paced world of flowers!
Take a minute to review the student requirements and internship details below.
Paid internship opportunities available in:
- Information Technology
- Graphic Design/Creative
- Digital Marketing
- Human Resources
- Full-time junior, senior or graduate students enrolled in an Entrepreneur- or Business-related program at a 2- or 4-year college or university in the United States.
- No horticulture background needed.
- 3.0 GPA or equivalent.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. or Canada.
- Transportation and housing are the student’s responsibility.
Internship Length and Locations
Internships are for a period of 10 to 12 weeks and are available at the industry’s top accredited floral industry businesses in the U.S. and Canada. These include:
- Manufacturing Locations
- Wholesaler/Supplier Locations
- Retail Floral Shops
- Importer Locations
- Growing Operations
Interns will interview with organizations by phone or face-to-face (when possible) to make sure it’s a good match for everyone. Hourly wage, along with start and end date will be mutually agreed upon and worked out between intern and host. Wage may vary based on geographical location and position.
How and When to Apply
- Complete the Business Internship Application
What Else is Required?
- Agree to and fulfill the responsibilities assigned by the employer for the internship time period.
- Submit a 500-word report (with photos) evaluating the experience within 30 days of completing the program. Reports are posted on our website and used for program promotion.
- Secure permission to interrupt studies for the length of the training period when required by the university.
- Start the internship within 12 months of the acceptance date.
- BONUS — Be eligible to receive one of four $2,500 scholarships just by submitting a 2 to 3 minute video to AFE (with your required written report) about your internship experience. Each year, internship videos will be reviewed by AFE’s Education Committee and four lucky interns will be selected.
The American Floral Endowment (AFE) reserves the right to reject an applicant on the basis of academic performance, or incomplete or false information on the application.
Applications and materials are accepted year-round.