Applications are now being accepted for the Vic & Margaret Ball Intern Scholarship Program and Mosmiller Intern Scholarship Program.
AFE administers paid internship programs for floriculture and environmental horticulture students each year, and the next application deadline is October 1.
Students selected will receive a scholarship upon successful completion of their internships.
The Vic & Margaret Ball Intern Scholarship Program was made possible through a generous gift from Vic & Margaret Ball and allows students to gain experience at a commercial production greenhouse or nursery. The program offers paid internships in three, four or six-month durations and provides scholarships of up to $6,000.
Three videos were created earlier this year to promote the program:
- The student video shares students’ successful internship experiences and testimonials on how the program helped them in their careers.
- The employer video encourages companies to participate in the program by becoming a host employer. This video explains the benefits of hosting an intern, and shows how AFE helps companies train the next generation of industry leaders.
- The parent video explains to parents what an internship can do for their children’s future. They will learn more about the program and how AFE provides students with valuable experiences.
Honoring the late Colonel and Mrs. Walter E. Mosmiller, Jr., the Mosmiller Intern Scholarship Program provides students pursuing a career in retail or wholesale operations with internship experience. The program offers paid internships in 10-16 week durations and provides scholarships of $2,000.
- Full-time, undergraduate students who are U.S. citizens.
- Must be enrolled in a floriculture/environmental horticulture program at a two- or four-year college or university in the U.S.
- Must maintain a “C” or better GPA.
AFE internships are the best way for students to gain hands-on experience that help them toward their future careers!
Students must apply for these internships by the October 1 deadline, but interested companies can apply anytime to become a host employer.
Click here to apply online.
Click here to download the internship brochure.