In these unprecedented times, we hope that you are—and remain—safe and healthy. We know that the stress, anxiety and uncertainty is taking a toll on you, your family and floral businesses in ways we can’t even fathom. We want you to know that in the midst of this COVID-19 pandemic, the American Floral Endowment (AFE) is working for the industry.
We’re still serving the industry. AFE remains deeply committed to you and everyone in the industry. The Board of Trustees and staff are working behind the scenes to make sure funding for research, grants, scholarships and internships are available to fulfill AFE’s mission, and provide the industry with necessary resources.
For nearly 60 years, AFE has provided solutions to industry challenges through research funding that’s helped develop best practices, new technologies and pest management breakthroughs. Through our educational grants, scholarships and internships, we’ve successfully recruited top talent to our industry. This work is only possible through industry involvement. We are so grateful to our supporters!
We have tools you can use. AFE provides free resources to help you in your business.
- New Social Media Messages/images you can use to promote flowers
- New AFE Career Center – connecting the industry through a new platform for employers, job seekers and students
- AFE Annual Report – the impact of AFE’s programs, partnerships and growth
- AFE Research Reports and Publications – a resource of useful information to guide your business
- Flower Care and Handling Poster – designed to provide the critical care and handling information for all segments of the industry.
- Floriculture Marketing Research Fund (FMRF) Consumer Preferences – provides a wealth of information on marketing and consumer preferences for flowers
We will be here when this is all over. When it’s safe, we’ll be ready to support our researchers, the industry and students. We’ll keep pursuing solutions to your everyday problems, things like care and handling, marketing and consumer priorities, production technologies, and finding top-notch labor.
We’ll continue working for you. Until we reach that time of business-as-usual, we won’t stop the important work we do for the floral industry. You can join us in that work by providing support—in any amount—to continue crucial floral industry programs. Every dollar makes a difference. As we’re learning anew during this virus crisis, we can achieve even more when we work together.
We are in this together. We are your national floral industry organization—providing research, educational grants, scholarships and internship programs—and we remain #InThisTogether.
For more information or assistance, contact Debi Chedester, Executive Director, American Floral Endowment at firstname.lastname@example.org