Five floral design programs have received a total of $28,700 through AFE’s James and Helen Phillip Program.
Established to honor James and Helen Phillip by providing scholarship assistance to people who are interested in careers in the retail sector of the floral industry, the James and Helen Phillip Scholarship Fund was established with a $500,000 donation by their daughter, Lee Phillip Bell, in 2008.
The institutions receiving grants are:
- Joliet Junior College — $5,000
- Kishwaukee College — $6,000
- Mississippi State University — $5,700
- The Ohio State University ATI — $6,000
- Texas A&M University — $6,000
The application deadline is March 1 each year. Apply here.