The American Floral Endowment announces 2019 Educational Grants Funding.
Thirteen organizations will receive funding through the Endowment to support educational training, conference program support, and industry resources for floral industry members, students, and faculty.
Through AFE’s Educational Grants programs, organizations, universities, or industry groups can apply for grant funding or sponsorships from AFE. Every organization AFE supports provides an important resource or program that is vital to the advancement and success of our industry.
“There are so many great opportunities out there to support the growth of our industry,” says Debi Chedester, AFE Executive Director. “Unfortunately, AFE’s funding is limited, so we aren’t able to support them all.”
The Education Grant programs put a priority on programs that are wide-reaching and those that aim to bring young professionals to our industry. A priority is also placed on educational programs to help industry members grow and those that help identify and solve industry needs and challenges.
Congratulations to the following organizations receiving funding in 2019:
- National Floriculture Forum Annual Meeting
- Society of American Florists Annual Convention
- E-Gro Alert and Webinars
- Michigan State and North Carolina State – Nutrient Monitoring Portal
- America In Bloom 2020 Symposium
- Seed Your Future National Movement to Promote Horticulture
- American Institute of Floral Designers – Bringing FFA to AIFD
- The Collegiate Plant Initiative: Connecting College Students to Horticulture
- Clemson University – STEM It Up Program
- WUMFA Annual Convention
- Great Lakes Floral Expo
- American Society for Horticultural Sciences Education and Career Day
- University of Florida – Greenhouse Training Online Course Development
In addition to the mentioned Educational Grants, AFE also administers programs that support floriculture research, more than 25 annual scholarships, three internship programs and, grants that support Floral Design programs. Visit endowment.org for more information, or to make a contribution to support these programs.