A Brief History and Current Projects In the early 1990’s, the Society of American Florists (SAF) and the American Nursery and Landscape Association (now AmericanHort), sought support of Congress to allocate dedicated funding for floral and nursery research. In 1996,...
Read More >> This article was originally published on Greenhouse Grower.
Preparing Your Poinsettias for Shipping and Retail Display Begins at Bract Color It is hard to believe that the first poinsettias will be shipped to retail stores in just 4–5 weeks and shipments will continue until near December 20. Life becomes hectic in poinsettia...
Read More >> This article was originally published by GrowerTalks.
AFE Chairman Passing of the Gavel 2020 Due to COVID-19, AFE’s Annual August Board Meeting like our 2020 Annual Dinner was held fully virtually unlike prior years, but that didn't stop the annual passing of the gavel! Outgoing AFE Board Chairman, Jim Daly of...
American Floral Endowment's 2020 Giving to Grow VIrtual Mask-erade Dinner provided all sponsors and participants with event masks. These event masks were used to create and design fun mask-erade photos. From at-home game and date nights to beach and fishing trips, the...
Read the Full Article Here
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the American Floral Endowment turned its annual fundraising dinner, typically held at the start of the Society of American Florists’ annual convention, into a virtual “mask-erade,” in which supporters enjoyed a meal from the safety of...
- AFE In The News – Articles
- AFE Webinars
- Floriculture Infosearch
- New Research Application Process
- Floral Holiday Social Media Images
- Floral Industry Internships – March 1st & October 1st
- Business Internships – Applications Accepted Year Round
- MS/Ph.D. Scholarships – February 1st
- James & Helen Phillip Floral Design Grant – March 1st
- Undergrad & Graduate Scholarships – May 1st
- Educational Grants – June 1st
- Research Applications – June 1st
- Travel Grant for Arizona Retailers – October 1st