The Endowment released its annual report, which details the successes accomplished and funding received for the 2016-2017 fiscal year.
See how AFE-funded programs and research projects are providing solutions to tough industry issues, thanks to supporters like you, and take advantage of the free resources available!
- #FlowerLoveVideoContest – initiative that encouraged flower lovers to create fun videos to be eligible to win one of three monetary prizes. More than 50 video entries were received, and provided florists with a FREE video library to help promote the use and giving of fresh flowers to new and existing customers.
- Botrytis and Thrips Research Campaign – addresses the control and management of Botrytis and thrips by raising money to conduct new and innovative research, which will lead to reduced losses and higher quality flowers and plants. The goal is to raise $1.5 million, and to date, more than $800,000 has been pledged!
- Matching Gift Challenges – two matching gift campaigns brought in more than $60,000 to the floral industry (thanks to Sakata Seed America and Smithers-Oasis/Floralife!).
- New Educational Opportunities – two new scholarships were established for undergraduate students studying horticulture or floriculture, and a new travel grant was created for Arizona retail florists to receive learning and networking opportunities.
- FMRF Consumer Reports – Floral Purchase Tracking Study (NEW!), Increasing Floral Sales Through Pinterest (NEW!), Marketing to Millennials, Generations of Flowers, Funeral Directors and Flowers Guide, Social Media Guide, and others.