AFE established the Young Professionals Council (YPC) in 2015 to enable a vibrant group of students and young industry professionals to learn more about the floriculture industry and contribute to the efforts of the Endowment. The YPC offers leadership and networking opportunities, while also providing volunteer opportunities with AFE.
YPC members are given the opportunity to share their ideas, collaborate with influential industry members and help promote and support AFE’s mission by bringing fresh, energetic leadership to their roles. They will also interact with other young professionals with similar interests and career goals.
- Learn about nonprofit board service by engaging in training, shadowing and mentoring opportunities with AFE Board and staff.
- Raise awareness about AFE and the floriculture industry through marketing, social media and events.
- Volunteer with AFE in a variety of areas: fundraising, events, scholarship review, etc.
- Reach other young professionals interested in becoming active in the industry.
YPC members must:
- Be 21-35 years old and live in the United States
- Commit to using your skills and strengths to advance AFE and build a strong group of supporters and donor prospects
- Be an ambassador for AFE and expand our network of friends and supporters
- Participate in one or more volunteer activities (i.e., scholarship review, fundraising dinner efforts, article/social media contributions, etc.)
- Participate in at least 2 calls/meetings each year
- Assist in promoting AFE’s annual gala among peers
- Help develop and employ new strategies and approaches for fundraising, marketing, outreach and planning