The Endowment supports educational efforts focused on attracting and retaining young people to the industry. Through annual scholarships and paid internship opportunities, AFE has contributed more than $2 million in funding to students studying floriculture and environmental horticulture.
Although horticulture enrollment is decreasing, AFE aims to educate and recruit new students interested in floriculture and horticulture through our scholarships, internships and educational grants.
Quick links for students:
- AFE Scholarships (20+ scholarships available annually) – Application deadline May 1 each year.
- AFE Internships – Vic & Margaret Ball (commercial production) and Mosmiller (retail, wholesale and allied trade) – Application deadline March 1 and October 1 each year.
- Student Leader Club – Student supporters who have made commitments to help foster our programs by contributing to AFE.
- Young Professionals Council – Enables students to collaborate with young professionals and industry veterans to support AFE’s mission and help the industry grow.
- Careers in Floriculture/Horticulture – There are more opportunities than you can imagine!
- Students at Work – Final reports by AFE interns
Get a jump-start on your career and take advantage of the many AFE programs! Hear what past students have to say in the video below: