MS/PH.D. SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
Application for the Altman Family and Paul Ecke Jr. Scholarships
Application Deadline: February 1 each year.
Please read the instructions thoroughly prior to completing the online application form.
The application packet requires several pieces of information. First, you will complete the online application form. Be sure to print a copy of the completed application for your records prior to hitting the submit button.
** Only one application is needed for the Altman and Ecke scholarships. Those attending land-grant universities will automatically be considered for the Paul Ecke, Jr. Scholarship. All others will only be considered for the Altman Family Scholarship.
In addition to the application, the following documents must be submitted directly to AFE (via email at firstname.lastname@example.org) by the February 1 deadline:
- A Personal Statement – prepare a typewritten statement not to exceed two single-spaced typed pages providing: (1) reason for applying for scholarship, (2) personal involvement in floriculture activities, (3) a brief description of your proposed research project and how it will contribute directly or indirectly toward resolving a major floriculture issue and (4) your anticipated future professional goals in floriculture.
- Letters of Recommendation – three letters of recommendation, one of which must be from the applicant's floriculture-related advisor.
- Transcripts – official transcripts sent directly from your Office of the Registrar.
- Video – please supply a short video (up to three minutes) of yourself. In this video, tell the selection committee why you are the best candidate for this scholarship, and describe your current or proposed research project. Videos should be submitted on a CD-ROM, along with your application and letters of recommendation.
- Photo – a color photo to use for publicity purposes.