MS/PH.D. SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
Application for the Altman Family and Paul Ecke Jr. Scholarships
Application Deadline: February 1 each year.
Please read the instructions thoroughly prior to completing the online application form.
** Only one application is needed for the Altman and Ecke scholarships. Those attending land-grant universities will automatically be considered for the Paul Ecke, Jr. Scholarship.
All others will only be considered for the Altman Family Scholarship.
Prior to completing the application, please make sure you have the following items available:
- A Personal Statement – prepare a typewritten statement not to exceed two single-spaced typed pages providing: (1) reason for applying for scholarship, (2) personal involvement in floriculture activities, (3) a brief description of your proposed research project and how it will contribute directly or indirectly toward resolving a major floriculture issue and (4) your anticipated future professional goals in floriculture.
- Letters of Recommendation – three letters of recommendation, one of which must be from the applicant’s floriculture-related advisor.
- Transcripts – official transcripts sent directly from your Office of the Registrar.
- Video – please supply a short video (up to three minutes) of yourself. In this video, tell the selection committee why you are the best candidate for this scholarship, and describe your current or proposed research project.
- Photo – a color photo to use for publicity purposes.
- By submitting this online application, the applicant certifies that the information provided on the application is accurate and complete, and understands that any misstatement, falsification, or omission of information shall be grounds for rejection of the application.
- The applicant is not currently in default on loans for academic study.
- The applicant has not been convicted of a felony.
- The applicant agrees to promote the Altman Family/Paul Ecke Jr. Scholarships through presentations and submissions of research reports to professional and trade publications.
- The applicant agrees, if awarded, to submit a detailed research project report and a full report on his/her floriculture activities of each academic year.
- The applicant understands that if awarded, the funds will be disbursed directly to the university in the name of the applicant, and are to be used in partial support of their research project and applied against their existing university stipend.